Kenton, Ohio 43326
History of the City of Kenton
The city of Kenton, located on the Scioto River in Northwestern Ohio, is named after the frontiersman Simon Kenton. The Seat of Hardin County, The community was incorporated as a village in 1845 and became a city in 1886. An Agricultural trade center from early days, industry developed in the city during the latter half of the 19th century as part of the general industrializing of the United States. Since World War II, industrial growth has been spurred by community effort in order to offset declines in agricultural employment.
Physically located almost equal distant from the larger communities of Findlay, Lima, and Marion,the Kenton Community is influenced by all three and cannot be considered a part of the "metropolitan" area of any one of them. Major highways connect Kenton with all parts of the state and considerable Fort Wayne to Columbus and Toledo to Springfield truck traffic passes through the city.
Last Updated: 07/28/14 10:46 AM